We are so glad you made your way to this page! Hopefully that means that you are considering how you or people you collaborate with can raise funds for the camps that are so important to faith formation of our youth.
As you consider ways that you can support this effort, please avoid fundraising efforts that require the sale of physical items (e.g., candles, cookie dough, wrapping paper, etc.) that are provided by a commercial fundraising company. Instead, we encourage you to consider some of the following ideas that involve your own energy and creativity (and keep us all out of the “stuff” collecting business):
- Camp Memories Night
- Bake sale (or 2 or 3!)
- Car wash
- Garage sale
- Plant sale (from seeds you start and/or from perennials donated by friends, relatives, and congregation members)
- Chores and tasks such as lawn mowing, leaf raking, and snow removal
- Walk-A-Thon, Sing-A-Thon, Jump-A-Thon, Bowl-A-Thon, Skate-A-Thon, Bike-A-Thon (The possibilities are endless!)
- Designate part of your Sunday offering to the campaign
- Cornhole Tournament
- Challenge or Dare (think pastor or youth leader – could be a blast!)
- Nickel Drive (formerly known as a Penny Drive 🙂 )
- Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Sell popcorn (that you pop yourself) in a variety of creative flavors
- Hold a special “Free Will Offering” on a designated Sunday or Sundays
- Host a Balloon Pop
- Host a Trivia Contest (contestants/teams pay to play)
- Kidnap your pastor (or your youth leader)! A ransom must be paid for his or her release.
- Host a concession stand at a church or youth group event
If you have ideas for fundraisers or have questions please contact us at email@example.com. Oh, and please let us know if you’re planning a fundraiser. We’d love to feature you/your group on this web site!
You must be logged in to post a comment.